The long Furby first shocked the internet back in 2018, and now it seems to have reared it weird head once again. With many new fans finding themselves bored during lockdown and resulting to Dr. Frankenstein’s practices and some home surgery on their beloved fury critter.
What is a Long Furby?
A LongFurby, often also referred to as Long Boi, is an oddbody Furby known for its long body. They vary in length, but are generally in the 3 to 5 foot range. Traditionally, they still have their ears and feet, but the only real requirement is that they have the Furby face. To support their long bodies, a plastic doll armature, wire or coolant pipes are used as a skeleton, making them poseable.[Source]
The Original Long Furby
The LongFurby is the creation of a 23-year-old photography student turned wedding caterer who calls themself Aloe. “She was an Idea that I just had to get out and onto paper,” Aloe told VICE in the original interview back in 2018.
Inspired by body distorting memes like Longcat and their collection of 21 other Furbies, they found themselves wondering, “What if Furby was…. longer…”
“I’m still discovering her quirks as I go!” said Aloe, but here are a few already determined facts about LongFurby:
- As the mother of her race, she’s a woman, although Aloe says all Furbies are non-binary and can choose their own pronouns.
- She weighs 15 ounces and is three feet and two inches long.
- She’s two weeks old and already a divisive internet celebrity, inspiring baby coos from one side of the web and screams of horror from the other.
- She loves gardening, pizza, and hot dogs.
- She’s part of a family of 21 other, regular-length Furbies, including a black and pink one named Punky, a crowned queen named Big Deal, and an orange one named Pumpkin Spice Latte.